How to Apply
Montefiore School of Nursing applicants are considered in relation to past educational experiences. We are a committed Equal Access/Equal Opportunity school that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, marital status or disability.
All applicants are also required to demonstrate:
- Satisfactory scores on the Kaplan Admission Test (KAT). Qualified applicants will receive an invitation to take the test.
- An ability to meet the cognitive and physical program demands (see the School Catalog for a description).
In addition to a completed application and a nonrefundable $40.00 application fee (payable by money order only), nursing school candidates must also submit proof of:
- High school diploma. All applicants must provide a GED diploma with scores or an official high school transcript, showing an average of 85 or higher—if college work is not evident.
Applicants educated abroad will have their high school and/or college transcripts evaluated by World Education Services or Globe Language Services.
- Completion of a high school or college chemistry course, with laboratory work.
- College courses completed, if applicable. Provide Official college transcripts from all colleges and nursing schools attended.
- Registration if required course(s) are in progress at the time of application.
- United States citizenship or permanent residency. Applicants must provide a copy of their birth certificate, passport or certificate of naturalization or U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card). When submitting copies of a Green Card, please provide images of the front and back of the card.
Your completed application, nonrefundable application fee and all required documentation must be submitted in the same envelope by the following deadline:
Day Option (Fall Semester) Beginning August 2018
Application Deadline: March 9, 2018
Evening/Saturday Option (Spring Semester) Beginning January 2019
Application Deadline: September 7, 2018
Please mail your completed application, nonrefundable application fee and all required documentation to:
Montefiore School of Nursing, Admissions Office
53 Valentine Street
Mount Vernon, NY 10550
Need help completing your application? Please download our application instructions.