Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital
Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital is a 242-bed, community-based teaching hospital offering primary, acute and emergency care to the residents of southern Westchester. Since its founding in 1892, Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital has provided for the diverse medical needs of the community and region it serves.
The Hospital is part of Montefiore Health System, a premier academic medical center and the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Montefiore New Rochelle has a number of leading-edge services and programs that have earned distinction by state and national organizations for achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care within the specialty. Among its distinctions:
- Designation as a Center of Excellence by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- Designation as a New York State Stroke Center.
- Designation as a New York State perinatal hospital with a Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that provides state-of-the-art care for fragile newborns.
- Receipt of American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) cancer program accreditation.
- Receipt of the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission as a certified Center of Excellence in both hip and knee joint replacement.
NEWS: Help for Health Republic Members
The New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS), New York State of Health (NYSOH), and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced that all Health Republic Insurance Company policies—both individual and small group—will end on November 30, 2015.